Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Huge Contrast

SEE THE HUGE CONTRAST & THE 'POLITICAL WILL' OF OBAMA ET AL, of doing 'something together to tackle the climate crisis'.
-- Soumya

-------------------------------- ---------------------------
US SENATE APPROVES $636 BILLION I ALL THE DEVELOPED COUNTRIES
MILITARY SPENDING BILL I TOGETHER COMES UP WITH A PALTRY
I $10 BILLION PER YEAR FOR ALL
The U.S. Senate approved a I DEVELOPING COUNTRIES FOR THE
$636 billion military spending I CLIMATE CRISIS RESPONSE !!!
bill on Saturday that funds the I
wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and I The developed countries will be
also includes money to extend I providing $30 billion in 3 years
jobless aid and Medicare payment I starting 2010, till the KP
1st commitment period in 2012
rates for two months. I
--------------------------------- I ------------------------------
By a vote of 88-10, the Senate approved the bill and sent it to President Barack Obama to sign into law. The House of Representatives passed the bill on Wednesday.
But the expenditure approved for ongoing wars probably will not be enough to cover Obama's plans to send 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan.
---------------------------------

No comments: