Thursday, March 16, 2023

Elsa Fernandes complaint against Santa Cruz Panchayat officials

 

From:


Elsa Fernandes,

Segundo Bairo, Santa Cruz, Goa



Date: 27/02/2023


To,


The Block Development  Officer, Tiswadi Block, Panaji, Goa

 

2    The Director,

Directorate of Panchayat, Panaji, Goa


 

Sub: Complaint against the Sarpanch Mrs. Jenifer De Oliveira and Deputy Sarpanch Mr. Inacio Domnic Pereira of Santa Cruz Village Panchayat for connivance and obstruction of my rights in the Gram Sabha meeting.

 

Sir,


I submit as under;


1.    On Sunday 26/2/2023 was the ordinary Gram Sabha of Santa Cruz village.


2.    I am a villager of Santa Cruz, residing at Segundo Bairo ward, Santa Cruz, Goa.


3.    I had submitted a request on 22/02/2023 well in advance for consideration of discussion at the said Gram Sabha.


4.    I presume the BDO, Tiswadi was present at the Gram Sabha as an observer.


5.    The Gram Sabha was also video recorded hence kindly verify the developments stated below.


6.    As the Secretary finished reading the minutes and I raised a issue for clarification in the minutes, I was stopped by the Deputy Sarpanch saying that he is not allowing me to talk on it, because my name is not part of those minutes so I have no right to discuss that content. So, I was dis-allowed.


7.    The Sarpanch, agreed with him and my right to speak on those minutes was denied to me, while other members continued to speak and I realised that I am being discriminated and denied my rights to speak in the Gram Sabha.


8.    Further, I was disturbed with this unbecoming attitude towards me and I could not participate very generously as the Deputy sarpanch was mocking at me every time I asked something to the Sarpanch and the Sarpanch did nothing to correct the disrespect being shown to me continuously from her presiding table.


9.    Finally, my request for discussion considerations were taken up. I had 9 questions and Q.No.1 to 4 only were taken up and from Q.No.5 to 9 were not allowed.


10.          The Sarpanch informed me that the Panchayat body has refused permission to allow my questions in Gram Sabha so she is not allowing them.


11.          I inquired why then I was not told in the beginning and why 4 questions were allowed and in fact even the Deputy Sarpanch was raising my last Q.No.9 before hand after Q.No.2 was going on.


12.          No explanation was given to me and I was disallowed the rest of my Q.no.5 to Q.No.9, which are all pertinent questions to the Gram Sabha as I suspect manipulation of the Gram Sabha and the Funds of the Panchayat by the all those who are heading the Panchayat.


13.          During the discussions on my Q.No.2 and 3 the Sarpanch allowed a lot of commotion, physically blocking me from talking, snatching away my mike, shouting, making personal remarks, etc. All this appears clearly like a pre-plan as the husband of the Sarpanch, Mr. Tome De Oliveira, the Sister-in-law of the Sarpanch Mrs. Gema, the daughter of the Sarpanch Miss Shiny De Oliveira who is also the Zilla Panch of Santa Cruz, the wife of the Deputy Sarpanch, Mrs Andrea, the ex-panch from Alto-Santa Cruz and another lady who claimed to be VDC member were all planted to sabotage my questions by attempting all the above behaviour. They also raised cross questions addressing me directly with irresponsible and unprofessional comments. The Sarpanch Mrs. Jenifer and the Deputy Sarpanch Mr. Inacio appeared to have personal pre-judice against me which they allowed to rule over the laws of the Gram Sabha and my right to speak and seek discussion on planning and funds of my village Santa Cruz. The Gram Sabha was captured by goonda family Raj elements and I fear for my health, well being and safety and that of my family.


I pray for immediate inquiry into this incident related to attack and violations of my rights in the Gram Sabha and action to be taken against it.


Awaiting your response at the earliest else I will be forced to seek legal remedy if left with no option as I fear grave manipulations of Gram Sabha, GPDP and finances.


Thanking you.


Sd/-


Elsa Fernandes

 

No comments: