Wednesday, April 1, 2009

PI Devendra Gad threatens Colamb anti-mining protestor with police repression

From:

Motesh Antao,
H.No. 104/2,
Colomba, Rivona,
Sanguem, Goa
403 705



Date: April 01, 2009

To,

The Director General of Police,
Panaji - Goa.



To,

Superintendent of Police,
South Goa,
Margao.



To,

Chief Secretary,
Secretariat,
Porvorim.



To,

The National Human Rights Commission,
Faridkot House, Copernicus Marg, New Delhi,
PIN 110001
Tel.No. 23384012
Fax No. 23384863
E-Mail: mailto:covdnhrc@nic.in,



Sub: Complaint against the P.I Devendra Gad of Quepem Police Station for harassment



Sir,



Today April 01, 2009 I was called at Quepem Police Station at 10.00 hours via call letter from Quepem Police Inspector dated 30/03/2009 for an inquiry with regard to my complaint dated 23rd March 2009 with subject Complaints against the P.I Devendra Gad and other policemen at Quepem Police Station for assault and harrasment.

In order to attend the inquiry I went to the Police Station today at 11.00 am. On arrival Quepem Police Inspector Devendra Gad humiliated me with the following verbal uttering:

1. He was referring to my complaint against PI Devendra Gad dated 23rd March 2009 and other Policemen at Quepem police station. He was angry that I dared to complaint against the police officer for assault and harassment.


2. He asked me if I know to read English with loud pitch voice with intention to frighten me. He continued his rest of communications with loud pitched voice.


3. PI Devendra Gad told me that he is not scared of complaints being filed against him. Told me to go ahead and complain against him for 20 more times. He further told me that all the higher ups in the Police department in Goa are well connected to him and my complaints will be futile and will never be entertained by the police department.


4. "If you complain against me then I will arrest you under NSA (National Security Act) and will let you rot inside the jail without bail" PI Devendra Gad warned me. He further promised that till he is in authority at Quepem Police station he will not let me live in peace. He will use police powers bestowed on him to harass me to till the last.


5. PI Gad said that he being the Police officer has all the powers under the law to make my life miserable with deliberate harassment.


6. He further stated that he will arrest me under the numerous false cases filed against me by mining company because I stand in defense of my village of Colomba, Sanguem.


7. When I asked him as to why my complaints and my fellow villagers complaints against mining company has not led to any arrests of any of the officers of the mining company. This question of mine he refused to answer instead used very impolite words and told police personnel at the Police Station to force me out of his cabin.

Please investigate and take immediate action against PI Devendra Gad for his gross abuse of power and authority.


Yours truly,

Sd/-

Motesh Antao

Copy to



1. Gawda, Kunbi, Velip & Dhangar Federation (GAKUVED), Panaji – Goa.

2. Goa Bachao Abhiyan (GBA), Porvorim – Goa.

3. Goa Federation of Mines Affected People (GOAMAP), Siolim – Goa.

4. Ganv Ghar Rakhan Manch (GGRM), Benaulim – Goa.

5. Council for Social Justice and Peace (CSJP), Panaji – Goa.

6. Goa Foundation (GF), Mapusa - Goa.

No comments: