Sunday, August 2, 2009

Call me, call my family: my home phone is tapped!

Today is August 02, 2009. More importantly it is Sunday. I got a call at around 10.00 am on my home BSNL landline 2272164 from someone did not identify with his name but only said that he is from Telephone department wanting to know if my phone was working properly. I said it is working but then asked as to whether anyone from my family had complained to department that it is not working. He replied that nobody complained but the department is checking if it is working on their own. Then I said there is no problem with my landline and then the caller hooked off the phone. Then within few seconds of me keeping the phone it began ringing again. I received the phone and then after about 5 seconds the line was cut without anyone uttering a word. My
hello' went in vain!

Then I pondered and discussed with my family members at home if anyone had lodged complaint at our Sioilm Telephone exchange? I got negative response at here. Then after few seconds I wondered that how come Siolim Telephone exchange is open on Sunday that is weekly holiday for the government staff? Our earlier experiences with Telephone repairing when it went dead have been very delayed response that would take always more then a week to attend to my landmine. At one incident one of my family members even had to get involved in heated discussion with the Telephone exchange officials in Siolim. Now what a turn around in the situation: feel like Goa's golden era has been ushered in Goa today morning in terms of giving quick services to the consumers all over Goa; when the department has began monitoring the phones round the clock; and its employees has no more weekly off on Sundays from today; let the labour laws fly to the winds! If this is not the case then this is a case of violation of my and my families right to privacy. Telephone department has to explain this situation or it is guilty of colluding with vested interests in tapping my private home landline and monitoring of information that is exchanged while in telephonic conversations which it has no right to do.

My mobile number 9923336347 too is tapped very often. One instance that was detected was in the evening of October 10, 2008 when I called up Rama Velip at his landlines in Colamb someone unknown Hindi speaking male voice received it. When I confronted him he hang up the line. Then, surprisingly on the same evening when Rama Velip called me up at my cell number also someone unknown Hindi speaking male voice received it!

Recently around two weeks ago my cell number and Rama Velip's cell number; whenever there is connection it is tapped. There is clear background voice to authenticate this. By now I know something about tapping of phones and in case any one want to meet me or meet my family or meet any person that I am in touch with there is no need at all to eve drop. I carry aversions towards none and me and my family based in Siolim will always welcome you as our most precious visitor, shower you with all the Love, Compassion, Goodwill, Peace and I will definitely share all my merits - that me and my family is abundantly blessed by universe - with you. I and my family is blessed abundantly and we are lavish when we share. So whoever you are, from whatever background please be fearless. I will never insult you and turn my head away from you but will receive you with my wide open arms. Also be sure that me and my family stands for truth and justice steadfastly, historically and that is one of our pristine family virtues.

Sebastian Rodrigues

No comments: